Blog #5 - Week 6: Thank Baby Jesus for Leo!!

     So the team and I were able to finish up wiring Leo, I made note of the classrooms that couldn't be done. Leo is finally finished, for the most part. Now I am just trying to figure out what the weird IP addresses are about. Harris wanted me to make sure that it wasn't the Ethernet ports and their configuration, so he advised me to take a laptop over and before backing the port out of the wall and into the ceiling, plug an Ethernet cable in to the wall and laptop to see what IP it pulled. I followed the instructions and the laptop pulled a 149 IP address. This lead me to believe that the Ethernet port was fine and that the Dell projectors need to be configured. I tried to configure the Projectors in RLC but nothing worked, the screen would read, "Please wait," then after a long while it would say, "Configuration failed." I think now the best thing to do is to try to do the same thing in a couple classrooms in Leo and if the same problem persists, Maybe calling Dell would prove to help a bit, or putting in a ticket for the Dell projectors. Harris spoke briefly about putting in a ticket, but before I do so, I'll check Leo.
     When I went over to Leo, I began to configure the projectors. I was really excited because that means that all the projectors aren't defective and that the ports the projectors are connected to in RLC need to be configured. Thank Baby Jesus for Leo!! This makes life a heck of a lot easier. I've recently run into another problem. It seems like there is some type of construction going on in Leo, where they're putting up new boards. I am not entirely sure what is going on, but I informed Harris about this issue and he advised me to talk to Nicholas Lara and Rob Foster to see if they know anything. I will be following up with them to see if they have any knowledge of this. The last time I checked they were in a meeting, so when they're out I'll go talk to them.
     I talked to Nich and Rob, which was helpful they informed me that any construction happening in Leo, Physical Plant should know about. I was told to call Nancy White because she should be able to give me adequate information. The only reason this is important is because one day I could walk into a room in Leo that is supposed to be scheduled for a replacement screen and when that happens they take the projector out and rewire the Ethernet cable to a different location. So when I walk in said room, I observe and put on the spreadsheet that there is no projector in the room. Now if I were to go back to the same exact room in Leo, a couple of days later, there will be a projector there which will cause more confusion than I'd like and more work for me when I can schedule appropriately around the scheduled construction. So sometime early in the next week I will be giving Nancy White a call. Also the summer is quickly coming to an end and we are a bit behind schedule, so this week we are going to have to play catch up.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment