Blog #1 - General Contentment to Excitement - Alanna Hupe (Weeks 1 & 2)

     While embarking on this Summer internship endeavor, not only do I hope to learn an immense amount but I hope that I can work hard enough to get my work done ahead of schedule. There is no specific reason as to why I'd like to accomplish this, it's just a personal goal of mine. For the past week, I have been working on getting everything "on paper" so I can plan the schedule and map everything out. My project's goal is basically to run an Ethernet cable from the data port in the classrooms to the projectors. This should get the projector on the network. Theoretically, students and faculty should be able to connect Windows and Apple devices, that support AirPlay to the classroom projectors wirelessly.
     So far I've gotten a classroom utilization spreadsheet, which will help me determine which classroom should be done on which days. I was having trouble with the projector spreadsheet because some of the information on Self Service in Inventory isn't completely straight forward and some of it is completely inaccurate. So finally, I decided to go to each classroom on campus and compare the info on Self Service to what's actually in the classroom which, for some reason, was a lot easier than running around in circles. Now that I have all the necessary information, I am finishing up the projector spreadsheet. 
     In week three, I will be talking to Harris about ordering face plates for the classrooms where the data port will be backed into the wall, thus creating a whole that needs to be covered. I also need to figure out how long the cables for each classroom should be. I'm thinking a 50 foot Ethernet cable should be fine, and if it's a bit too much we can wrap it and zip tie it. This coming week, I will figure out the average time it takes to do one classroom and create a schedule accordingly. I can't wait to embark on this endeavor, I know it will be a lot of work but I am really looking forward to the experience, knowledge, and hard work that this journey will give me.
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment