Week 7: Cafe 1853 Menu

Going into week 7 my focus was on creating what was to be the new Cafe 1853 experience. As explained in the previous blog post, the user will interact with Cafe 1853 via the app alongside beacon technology. Once the user is in the beacon's range, sitting around a table, the Cafe 1853 menu will come up on screen in the app, or a notification if the app is closed, without the user going through any menus.

I found a color palette from one of my favorite color sites, Adobe Color CC, and the design came automatically to me. I wanted the user to be able to make quick selections to get their order out as soon as possible. The menu is basically two views, one for the user to select a category of food, entrees for example, and another for the selections of food in that category.

For the backend of it I decided to use Parse. I linked my code to Parse frameworks which allows for seamless changes to the menu without the use of going back into the code. The code I have created simply fetches data that is on the Parse server and displays it relative to which view the user is in. I have attached a screenshot of the Parse array, the iOS Simulator running a view that fetched data from Parse, and what the view looks like without it running (basically the UI).








Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment