Week 7- Projector Monitoring Software is Completed

In the beginning of the week, I had confirmed with Tom about Nagios Core running and functioning for the Ping Test, it was concluded that my project was done. For now, the remaining things to do is to add the devices onto Nagios, but that cannot be done for the moment because many of the rooms on upper campus still need to be done. Once all the rooms are done, and each projector is given a static I.P., its just a matter of adding items to Nagios Core.

I was also notified by Richard Musal that he wanted the Apple TVs added to Nagios to be monitored, so that brought up the issue of how to assign them a Static I.P. over JASPERNET since they are all connected over the network. After some consulting with Tom and Harris, it was decided that since the Apple TVs are connect over the Network and is issued an I.P. over DHCP, the I.P. will just be reserved before it is changed. The only downfall is that this request was made later on in the internship, and might not be completed fully. I will try my best though !



Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment